Our time in Tortola was wonderful! We were very busy with a mix of exploring, activities and relaxing. This relatively small island sure does have a lot to offer!
We stayed at Frenchmans in the Avocado cottage (2 bedrooms, 2 baths, full kitchen, dining area, living room) which was fantastic.
Something to keep in mind when booking at Frenchmans is that there are three cottages high up on the hill, Avocado being one of them. It is a short but steep walk to get there! It got easier as the week went on, but there was definitely a lot of huffing and puffing going on. The advantages outweigh the bummer of the hike: the view is much better from the hill and those cottages provide more privacy since they are further away from the main part of the resort.
What We Love:
- Small but full-service
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Snorkeling right off small beach (if weather/current cooperates)
- Close to Soper's Hole for food, shopping and step-off point for day trips
- Close to our favorite beaches -- Smuggler's Cove and Long Bay
What To Know:
- The beach is small
- Steep walk to/from beach, pool and lobby/restaurant area, depending on which cottage you're in