One of our days was spent aboard the Friendship Rose enjoying one of their scheduled trips to the Tobago Cays. It was a lovely day of sailing, snorkeling, eating and relaxing.
Their website contains much of the needed information about scheduled trips, itineraries and rates. The rates are very reasonable, especially for families as children are either free or half-price, depending on their ages.
We went on their scheduled day trip to the Tobago Cays. The food and service on board was better than we had imagined it would be (including the warm croissants oozing with chocolate, mmm....).
When you arrive at the Tobago Cays, you'll have your choice of hanging out on the small beach, doing a mini-hike to find and feed the iguanas, snorkeling with the turtles or getting shuttled over to another snorkel site. Whatever you choose to do first, you'll most likely have time to do all of the above before heading back to the boat for lunch and setting sail for the return trip.
Overall, money and time well-spent! We definitely recommend it!
If you have questions or are looking for more specific info, send us an email. We're more than happy to help!
What We Love
- It's NOT a booze cruise
- Swimming with turtles
- Jumping off the side of the boat for an after-lunch swim
- Delicious food and wonderful service
What To Know
- It's a long, long day -- you will be exhausted when you return to Port Elizabeth
- You will have to get up early, but breakfast will be waiting for you on board
- Bring: Dramamine, rash guard for snorkeling, hat to keep sun off your face, sunscreen for reapplications, lightweight long-sleeved shirt or cover-up, bananas to feed the iguanas, beach towel, camera, snorkel gear (if using your own), cash for tip